Property Check



Residents of the Village of Johnson City can request to have the Police Department conduct Property Checks on their residence when they are away.   When you are planning to be out of town or away from your home for a period of time for any reason, the Johnson City Police Department will periodically check your residence and notify you or your designee if any serious problems are discovered. Please read the following information and then click on the link below to fill out the form.   

Johnson City Police Property Check Program  About the program: 

•Property checks are offered to Village of Johnson City residents free of charge 

•Property Check submissions must have an end date specified. 

•Property Check submissions must be renewed every two weeks if you will be gone for an extended period of time. 

•As call volume allows, JCPD Officers will perform a thorough inspection of your property while you are away. 

•Property check includes:  

◦A perimeter check ◦Physical and/or visual check of all doors and windows 

◦Verification of vehicles left on the property 

◦Verification of any people found on the property ◦Should the need arise; we will have the information available to contact you or another responsible party. 

◦Only portions of the residential property with direct access will be checked by Officers    The Property Check service is NOT: 

•For commercial property (commercial properties are checked as part of daily patrols, as time permits) 

•A guarantee that the property is safe or that it will not be burglarized 

•A guarantee that the property will be checked 

•A substitute for an alarm system 


•Property checks will not be done on properties in which someone is staying at the residence.   

Submission Directions:  Click the link below to fill out the online form, and then Save the form to your computer and  then email it to  -or- Print the form and produce it in-person at the JCPD.     


Police Reports/Records Request



You may request records several ways. You may call our Records Division at (607) 798-9561, complete the online forms below, or come to the the Police Station in person during normal business hours and go to the Records Division window in the main lobby.  

Below you will find links to the forms you need to request copies of police department records. These forms are in a PDF format and you will need at least version 7 of Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to use them.   The "Submit by E-Mail" button will give you the option to save a copy of the form request for your personal records prior to emailing it. Depending upon your set-up and email application, especially if you use a web-based email (Hotmail, GMail, Etc.), you may need to attach the saved copy to an e-mail yourself.   If you are not able to e-mail the form you can print out a copy and either mail it to us or drop it off.  Request for Police Reports will be emailed to

   Requests for Motor Vehicle Accident Reports:

  In an effort to provide citizens and insurance companies with the ability to obtain accurate and affordable crash reports as quickly as possible, our crash reports are now available online.  (See the Accident/Crash section on this page)

All online requests for crash reports can be made at Reports are provided for free to all involved parties.  Insurance companies must pay a fee.        

FOIL Request (Please complete the form and bring it to village hall or email it to the village clerk at  These forms work best with at least version 7 of Adobe's Acrobat Reader.


Motor Vehicle Crash Reports


Residential Property Check/Report Requst

Click on a file to download.